Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Poisonwood Bible

The Poisonwood Bible was a really great book. I was required to read it for an English class I am taking next year, but it was the best book I have ever been required to read.  The Poisonwood Bible is about a Baptist minister and his family and their lives while on a mission in the Belgiam Congo.  The book is told in the point of view of the four children, Rachal, Leah, Adah, and Ruth May, it changes each chapter but is suprisingly not confusing.  This gives the story an interesting twist becuase each part is told by a different daughter.  The book goes through the trials and hardships of a family living in Africa.  I don't want to give away too much because it was a really great book.  I would reccomend that everyone read it because it was really interesting and fun to read.  It was a fairly long book but I would reccomend it to everyone.

1 comment:

Michele said...

This is on my to read list! I was thrilled to see that you loved it, now I will have to bump it up on my list. I have a question.....as an avid reader how do you feel about nooks and kindles?